It’s been over a year in the making…
Although this latest development snapshot has only a few functional updates, its underlying technology has been largely overhauled. The libgnomeprint library has been completely replaced with the new GtkPrintOperation and Cairo. One side effect of print rendering with Cairo is that image compositing now works at full resolution. Cairo has also replaced GnomeCanvas in the main display and drawing interface. Many other deprecated dependencies have been replaced as well. Because of this, this version requires at least Gnome 2.16.
Changes/fixes since 2.1.3 include
- Added categorization of templates and an updated New Label dialog.
- Added initial support for datamatrix 2D barcodes.
- Migrated from EggRecent to GtkRecentManager.
- Migrated from libgnomeprint to GtkPrintOperation and Cairo.
- Migrated from libgnomeprint to Pango for text layout.
- Migrated GnomeDruid to GtkAssistant for template designer.
- Migrated from GnomeCanvas to Cairo.
- Removed splash screen.
- Added support for Brazilian CEPNet barcodes.
- Updated French translation (Claude Paroz)
- New Esperanto translation (Antonio C. Codazzi)
- Minor bug fixes (and probably some new bugs).
- New templates.