After two years in the making, it’s finally here…
A new stable release. The underlying technology has been largely overhauled from the 2.0.x branch. The libgnomeprint library has been completely replaced with Cairo and the new GtkPrintOperation API. One side effect of print rendering with Cairo is that image compositing now works at full resolution. Cairo has also replaced GnomeCanvas in the main display and drawing interface. Many other deprecated dependencies have been replaced as well. Because of this, this version requires at least Gnome 2.16.
Changes/fixes since 2.0.4 include
- Migrated from EggRecent to GtkRecentManager
- Migrated from libgnomeprint to GtkPrintOperation and Cairo.
- Migrated from libgnomeprint to Pango for text layout.
- Migrated GnomeDruid to GtkAssistant for template designer.
- Migrated from GnomeCanvas to Cairo.
- Removed all deprecated widgets as of Gnome-2.16/Gtk-2.10.
- Added categorization of templates and an updated New Label dialog.
- New label dialog now allows selection of recently used templates
- Removed splash screen.
- Added initial support for datamatrix 2D barcodes.
- Added support for Brazilian CEPNet barcodes.
- Added shadow attribute to label objects.
- New merge backend for evolution data server
- Various bug fixes.
- New templates.